engaged!
David was up for a visit this past week. His teaching block landed right on March Break, so he was able to visit from Friday to Thursday. I miss him already. He came down with his parents [who were coming down to see the Canada Blooms show] on Friday night and they all stayed at his Aunt and Uncle's house in Toronto. His brother was also down from Ottawa, so he was able to visit with him too. As well, 2 of his aunts we visiting so they could catch the Bead show that was being held in downtown Toronto somewhere. Saturday, we all went to the Canada Blooms show [myself, David, my parents, his parents, and his brother]. Afterward, we met his aunts and uncle for dinner at Joe Badali's [an Italian - of course! - restaurant just across from the Conventioen Centre]. There were 11 of us there and it was a fantastic restaurant; I definetly recommend it if you're ever in T.O. and are hungry for Italian food.
Anyway...
After ordering our wine and our meals, David stood up at the head of the table and then asked me to stand next to him while he led everyone in a toast to my success at being accepted to college. It was pretty flattering. I was quite touched by the gesture and it was wonderful to see all the encouraging and loving faces around me. Then, in front of a full restaurant and our families; he proposed to me.
I'm engaged! Ohmygod I'm engaged!
It still doesn't feel real. The people at the tables all around the restaurant were standing up to see us and they were shouting and clapping and it's all one big blur. It's only been in the last 24 hours or so that it's actually become a reality and I've been able to think clearly enough to fathom what this means. I'm so happy! I can't believe it actually happened. It was a definite movie moment. I can't wait for what happens next...
Anyway...
After ordering our wine and our meals, David stood up at the head of the table and then asked me to stand next to him while he led everyone in a toast to my success at being accepted to college. It was pretty flattering. I was quite touched by the gesture and it was wonderful to see all the encouraging and loving faces around me. Then, in front of a full restaurant and our families; he proposed to me.
I'm engaged! Ohmygod I'm engaged!
It still doesn't feel real. The people at the tables all around the restaurant were standing up to see us and they were shouting and clapping and it's all one big blur. It's only been in the last 24 hours or so that it's actually become a reality and I've been able to think clearly enough to fathom what this means. I'm so happy! I can't believe it actually happened. It was a definite movie moment. I can't wait for what happens next...






5 Comments:
congratulations! i got married in July and being married is the best. i wish you all the happiness in the world, and I hope your wedding planning goes happily and smoothly too.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
top [url=http://www.c-online-casino.co.uk/]casino online[/url] coincide the latest [url=http://www.casinolasvegass.com/]online casinos[/url] free no store reward at the best [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]casino perk
[/url].
Post a Comment
<< Home